Hattiesburg Area Habitat for Humanity is seeking to establish a Faith Relations Committee.
Interested individuals should contact Laura @ 601.582.4663 or LLGWright@hattiesburghabitat.org
Description for a Faith Relations Team Leader
The Faith Relations team leader is responsible to the afﬁliate board of directors and is expected to:
- form a Faith Relations team and lead the team in fulﬁlling its
- train team members to make effective presentations.
- serve as an encourager—a cheerleader— for team
- develop or be familiar with a system of accountability and documentation. He or she must be able to determine who contacted whom, and with what
- call and chair meetings for the Faith Relations team and keep the board of directors and necessary committees updated.
- stay in contact with HFHI’s Faith Relations department to obtain promotional and how-to materials and to learn about denominational/church endorsements and sponsorships.
An effective Faith Relations team leader has:
- a commitment to the ministry of Habitat for Humanity and the
- previous leadership experience supporting Habitat in his or her congregation or has been a leader and organizer of other church outreach
- a strong understanding of the exciting things that can happen when a church becomes a Habitat
- the desire to share the Habitat story with others.
(Where All Members Have the Same Function)
A Faith Relations team member is responsible for:
- approaching individuals about involving their churches in Habitat’s
- suggesting partnership possibilities that seem appropriate for the ministry goals of various
- supporting church leaders with promotional materials, making presentations to churches, answering questions and offering encouragement to church
Faith Relations team members should have:
- the desire to lead congregations into a partnership with
- previous experience supporting Habitat through their congregations (or experience with other outreach ministries of the congregation).
- patience—recruiting churches can take a long time.
- willingness to make presentations for Habitat and the skills to speak in
Suggested membership Homeowners, chairs of church mission committees, retired clergy